PerformingHEARTS Masterclass workshops will take place every first and third Saturday of each month, at the Roodepoort Theatre Complex. One Saturday will be focused on a specific Acting Style/Technique and the other will be centred on Dance/Physical Theatre and a specific dance Style/Technique. The Masterclass workshops will be facilitated by various industry professionals, exposing learners to a wide range of knowledge and expertise as well as contributing to financial sustainability for many immerging artists within the Gauteng area.
Learners will be divided into two age groups. Junior (8-12) & Senior (13-18)
MASTERCLASS WORKSHOPS SCHEDULE
1st Saturday of the Month
3rd Saturday of the Month
Time: Junior Class : 9:30 – 11:15
Senior Class: 11h30 – 13:15
Venue: Roodepoort Basement Theatre
The programme is proposed to run from May 2019-November 2019
Workshop Fees (Facilitator’s teaching fees)
Price per month per student R500 (Including Programme material)
Price per Master Class workshop Per Student R250(Including Programme material)
Performing HEARTS believes in creating a safe, exciting and positive environment in which youths are able to play and learn. Workshops are facilitation based and conducted in an accessible manner. Workshops also allow space for failure as an opportunity to learn and grow. Lead facilitator Francesca Matthys wants to encourage each participants with positive re-enforcement and constant motivation.
Performing Hearts will ensure that students receive as much knowledge as possible and will continuously bring in guest facilitators to facilitate Masterclass workshops.
Below are guest/substitute facilitators (amongst others) who she recommends and have committed to facilitating when requested?
(1) ACTING- Jovan Muthray (BADA WITS) Naledi Award Winner
(2) ACTING- Campbell Meas (BADA WITS) Naledi Award Winner
(3) APPLIED THEATRE- Sharmyan Kassen (BADA & PGCE WITS)
(4) MOVEMENT/PHYSICAL THEATRE- Oupa Sibeko (PVA WITS)
(5) MOVEMENT- Billy Langa (Theatre Making and Performance MARKET LAB) Naledi Award Winner
(6) CONTEMPORARY DANCE/ AFRO-FUSION/ BALLROOM AND LATIN – Shawn Mothupi (Vuyani Dance Theatre, Virgo Community Dance School, YMCA, The Forgotten Angle Theatre Collaborative)
(7) FLYING LOW/PASSING THROUGH/RHYTHM&MUSIC- Nicholas Aphane (BADPA P.A.R.T.S Belgium, The Forgotten Angle Theatre Collaborative)
(8) CONTEMPORARY DANCE/ BALLET- Lorin Sookool (BMUS DANCE UCT, The Forgotten Angle Theatre Collaborative)
For more information on the programme contact the facilitator